7-Days Itinerary in Madrid, Spain- A Perfect Plan for UK Travellers
Wondering how to spend aperfect week in Spain?
From time to time you need to recharge your batteries, breathe fresh air and listen to the peaceof country life. You probably don’t have weeks and weeks of vacation time on your schedule, so you’ll need to get creative with your weekends to explore and relax! Below is a list of our favourite day trips from Madrid that you can take advantage of best things to do in Spain!
Of course, it is difficult to decide what to do in Spain in 7 days. How to collect all these different experiences and reach all the best places to visit in Spain in just 7 days? Start here with our Spain itinerary and let us guide you through the travel planning process. So you can stop worrying and count the days until it arrives.
You will always have places to see in Madrid, home to endless museums, weaving streets, and restaurant upon restaurant for sampling tapas. There’s just something about Spain. Everything about the country attracts travellers looking for new experiences, foods and sights. With a culture and a remarkable blend of histories, no two places in Spain are similar.
Embarking on a 7-days travel itinerary for Madrid, Spain journey promises a whirlwind of cultural riches, stunning landscapes, and mouth-watering cuisine. From the bustling streets of Barcelona to the tranquil beaches of Costa del Sol, this itinerary captures the essence of Spain’s diverse charm. Prepare for an unforgettable experience blending history, art, nature, and relaxation.
Ifyou like these day trip ideasmake sure to take a look at travel guides and bucket lists for other amazing Spanish cities.
Best 7-Day Travel Itineraries for Madrid, Spain
To understand why so many visitors fall in love with Spain and never want to leave, look no further than its bustling, vibrant and beautiful cities. This 7-day travel itinerary tour takes you through the best Spain has to offer.
Trip Location: Madrid (centre capital of Spain)
About the Activity
- Take a fun trip through Spain and discover this beautiful country on a 7-day travel itinerary for Madrid, Spain
- The tour begins after your arrival at Madrid International Airport, where a tour representative will guide you to your hotel.
- Explore Madrid, Logroño, Cañas and the Rioja Alavesa region on the tour.
- The tour also includes a visit to a vineyard on the outskirts of Logroño to experience the winemaking process.
- Tour includes accommodation, transport, meals and many excursions.
Detailed Itinerary of the 7 Best Day Trips for Madrid, Spain
Day 1: Arrival in Madrid: Embrace Madrid’s Splendours
Start your adventure in the vibrant capital city of Madrid. Immerse yourself in its dynamic energy as you explore the iconic Puerta del Sun and admire the magnificent architecture of the Royal Palace. Stroll through the tranquil Retiro Park, where lush greenery and a tranquil lake is an oasis in the heart of the city. Immerse yourself in the culinary scene of Madrid with tapas and wine in traditional bodegas and taste the flavours that characterize Spanish gastronomy
- Morning: Arrive in Madrid and check into your accommodation. Start your day with a hearty Spanish breakfast at a local café.
- Afternoon: Explore the historic heart of Madrid by visiting the Puerta del Sol, Plaza Mayor, and Mercado de San Miguel. Immerse yourself in the bustling atmosphere of these iconic landmarks.
- Evening: Stroll along Gran Vía, Madrid’s main thoroughfare, known for its vibrant nightlife, theatres, and shops. Choose from a variety of restaurants for a traditional Spanish dinner.
Day 2: EmbellishArt and Culture
The next day, indulge your artistic senses at the world-famous Prado Museum, home to a magnificent collection of European masterpieces. Witness passionate dance and music deeply rooted in Madrid’s heritage with a flamenco show that defines beautiful Spanish culture. Choose the show time that best fits your schedule, and then head to the heart of Madrid’s old town for some passionate flamenco.
- Morning: Begin your day at the world-renowned Prado Museum, home to an exceptional collection of European art from the 12th to 19th centuries.
- Afternoon: After lunch, visit the Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum, which features an impressive assortment of artworks spanning different artistic movements.
- Evening:Experience a Flamenco show, an essential part of Spanish culture. Witness the passionate dance and music deep-rooted in Madrid’s heritage.
Day 3: Royal Madrid
Get fast-track access to the Royal Palace of Madrid. See the luxurious throne room, colonnade and royal armoury. Learn about the history of the Spanish monarchy and how the palace’s decorations have changed over time with your guide’s informative remarks. Wander through the enchanting Sabatini Gardens and enjoy a peaceful evening admiring the palace.
- Morning: Explore the opulent Royal Palace (Palacio Real) and its beautiful gardens—Marvel at this historic residence’s architecture and lavish interiors.
- Afternoon:Visit the Almudena Cathedral, located adjacent to the Royal Palace. Its stunning Neo-Gothic design and impressive domes are a must-see.
- Evening: Wander through the Sabatini Gardens and enjoy a serene evening overlooking the palace.
Day 4: Take a Tour to Toledo
Allow plenty of time to explore Spain’s treasures. Explore Toledo on a day trip from Madrid and skip planning transportation and tours. Explore the streets of the historic city, the Jewish quarter and the Church of Saint Tomé, home of El Greco’s masterpiece El entierro del CondeOrgaz.
On your way back to Madrid, stop in Toledo, and a medieval jewel that takes you back in time. Wander its narrow streets and discover ancient synagogues, Gothic cathedrals and the majestic Alcázar towering over the city.
- Morning:Take a day trip to Toledo, a UNESCO World Heritage Site known for its medieval architecture and rich history. Explore the Toledo Cathedral and the historic Jewish Quarter.
- Afternoon:Visit the Alcázar of Toledo, a fortified palace with breathtaking city views. Don’t miss the opportunity to shop for traditional Toledo steel and local crafts.
- Evening:Return to Madrid and unwind with a relaxing evening in the city.
Day 5: Madrid’s Modern Site
Paseo de la Castellana is the face of modern Madrid. It is one of the longest and widest roads in Madrid and is said to be the banking, commercial and financial heart of the city. It contrasts strongly with the second, “older”, historic district with its beautiful architecture and charming character.
- Morning: Start your day at the Reina Sofía Museum, which houses a remarkable modern and contemporary art collection, including Picasso’s “Guernica.”
- Afternoon: Enjoy a walk in Retiro Park, a vast green oasis in the city’s heart. Rent a rowboat on the park’s lake or visit the Crystal Palace art installation.
- Evening:Discover the trendy Malasaña neighbourhood, known for its hipster vibe, street art, and unique shops. Experience the local nightlife at its best.
Day 6 : Madrid’sCulinary Delights
Enjoy the richness of Spanish gastronomy, including tapas, wine and many delicacies on this memorable private guided food tour.
- Morning: Embark on a food tour through Mercado de San Miguel, indulging in tapas, local cheeses, cured meats, and other Spanish delicacies.
- Afternoon: Participate in a Spanish cooking class and learn to prepare classic dishes like paella and sangria.
- Evening: Enjoy a farewell dinner at a high-end restaurant, savouring the gourmet side of Madrid’s culinary scene.
Day 7: Shopping and Departure
How the last day of this Spanish trip turns out for you depend on one factor: whether you fly home from Madrid. If you’re taking an evening flight home from Madrid, you’ll need to take a high-speed train back to the capital.
- Morning: Spend your last morning shopping on Gran Vía and exploring the Salamanca district, known for its upscale boutiques and designer stores.
- Afternoon: Have a leisurely lunch at a charming café and reminisce about your Madrid adventure.
- Evening:Check out of your accommodation and head to the airport, taking with you the memories of a vibrant and culturally rich week in Madrid. Enjoy a buffet breakfast at the hotel and check out. You’ll be transferred to the airport to catch your flight back home.
A 7-day travel Itineraryfor Madrid takes you through the landscapes and stories that make up this fascinating nation. Reminiscing about the bustling markets, exciting food and Spanish warmth, you will leave with a deeper appreciation for the treasures of this enchanting country.
To visit this enthralling country, you need a Spanish Schengen visa UK. So, what are you waiting for? Book your Spain visa appointment today and have a wonderful trip ahead!
Q : What’s the best time to visit Spain?
The best time to visit Spain is during the spring (April to June) and fall (September to October) when the weather is pleasant and there are fewer crowds. Summers can be pretty hot, especially in southern regions.
Q : How many days should I spend in Madrid?
Spending 2-3 days in Madrid is a good starting point, but a 7-day tour is sufficient time to cover most of the attractions in Madrid. This allows you to explore the major attractions and museums and experience the city’s vibrant culture.
Q: What are the must-visit attractions in Madrid?
Some top attractions include the Royal Palace, Prado Museum, Retiro Park, Puerta del Sol, Plaza Mayor, and Gran Vía for shopping and entertainment.
Q: How do UK citizens apply for a tour of Spain and explore Madrid?
To apply for a Spain Tourist Visa from the UK, you need to follow these
- Complete an online Spain visa application for the UK
- We will book your Spanish visa appointment in the UK at the visa application centre after completing the form
- Additionally, you will need to visit a visa centre to obtain your biometrics and documents
Get your Spanish holiday visa and passport via post
Q : How long does it take to process a Spain Schengen Visa UK?
The usual processing time of a Spain tourist visa processing time for a UK citizen takes around 12-15 calendar days. However, submission of all the documents correctly can reduce the time to less than 12 days.